APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Thank you for your interest in Dick Whittington. For all those registered, we will be in touch shortly with your audition location and timings.
- Registration deadline 28 September, 10am
- Auditions – Sunday 4 October
- Final recalls on Sunday 11th October
- Pantomime Dates Saturday 28th November – Thursday 31st December
Due to social distancing rules we must split the audition process up into 3 venues:
- The Kings Theatre
- The Guildhall
- The Barn, Milton Park
You will be given a time to arrive at your designated venue on Sunday 4th October and a private link to the very short routine that you will need to learn beforehand to perform on the day.
Due to social distancing we are limiting the number of children that can audition together, and parents cannot attend the audition. Please be aware you will need to drop your child/children off and then leave the building. Your child will be in the capable hands of our in-house chaperone team. Your child will be escorted to the relevant seating, where they will be sat socially distanced until their audition time. We will give you an approximate time to come back to pick up your child but please be aware you will need to wait outside the building until the audition is over.
You MUST pre-register as spaces are limited, closing date will be Monday 28th September 2020 at 10am. After this date we will not accept any more applications.
- We’ll send you further information confirming the venue, arrival time and audition time prior to Sunday 4th October.
- When you apply you will be given a number, can you please print your own number and make sure that the number is printed clearly on your child’s dance wear (No personal names). Please wear appropriate clothing with NO dance school logos printed anywhere.
- From those who audition the top 100 from across the 3 venues will be seen the following week on 11th October for the final round to get to our final 18. If you are successful on the 1st day of auditions you will be contacted with details for the final which will take place at The Kings Theatre.
We understand that this may sound unusual, but we only have 18 spaces for children due to social distancing, and we want to make sure that we see everyone that wants to audition.
The timetable on audition days is as follows:
Please be aware your child will have a contactless temperature check on arrival, if for any reason they show a high temperature or symptoms they cannot not enter the building and will be asked to go home.
- 9am – Boys & Girls aged 7 years and over (you will be allotted a time-slot)
- 12pm – Senior Boys & Girls ages 15 to 17. (you will be allotted a time-slot)
- It is essential that you learn the video before you come as there will be no time to rehearse the routine.
- Candidates will be auditioned in socially distanced groups. You will be ready to show your choreographer on the day your routine that you already prepared from the video link we sent.
- Please come ready to dance, please wear suitable clothes and dance shoes. Please also bring your own bottled water with a sports cap. You will not need to bring food with you as these will be short audition process.
Further things to be aware of
- Those auditioning should ensure that, if successful, they would be available to attend every rehearsal.
- This is a competitive dance audition and we are only looking for 6 in each team, those who are successful will be chosen to perform as dancers in the pantomime.
- Please note that these positions are unpaid.
- We Require that any successful children’s parents or guardians apply to become a chaperone for the run of the pantomime.
- Rehearsal start dates are still to be confirmed.