Here at the Kings Theatre Arts Academy, we want to ensure that theatre is accessible to everyone, no matter the circumstances. With the lack of opportunity through the pandemic and the rising cost of living, the Kings Theatre Arts Academy is launching with an emphasis on inclusivity and the development of talent. Therefore, we are introducing a scholarship programme that will fund £25,000 worth of places in a year. This year, we are offering a scholarship under financial need. Scholarships are based on financial barriers which prevent you from accessing Kings Theatre Arts Academy.
To be eligible for a Financial Need Scholarship, you must be in receipt of one of the following:
– Income Support (IS)
– Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
– Any income-related element of Employment and Support Allowance
– Child Tax Credit (CTC) (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
– Working Tax Credit
– Universal Credit (your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
– Free School Meals/Pupil Premium (Key Stage 2 onwards)
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the Scholarship Application Form. To receive the form please email KTAAYouth@kingsportsmouth.co.uk outlining your circumstance and attach any supporting evidence. Scholarships are awarded at the beginning of each term.