- 4 wheelchair spaces in the stalls seating area, with adjacent seats for companions. These tickets can only be purchased by speaking to a member of the box office on 023 9282 8282 or in person. Wheelchair users can transfer to a seat but must be able to walk without aid in the event of an evacuation.
- Level access to the stalls entrance on Albert Road next to the taxi rank and bus stop (Sat Nav info: 28 Albert Road, Portsmouth, PO5 2SJ)
- An accessible bar and toilet which are located at the rear of the Stalls.
- Infra-red hearing systems are available for Front Stalls and Dress Circle areas for those using a T position hearing aid or with a provided earpiece for performances with amplified sound. If you are booking a play/opera, please check with the Box Office team.
- A warm welcome to assistance dogs. Please speak to a member of the Box Office team for any special requirements.
- For further help & information and details on accessible signed and relaxed performances, please contact our Box Office team on 023 9282 8282
Companion Ticket Policy (updated 1 November 2019)
Following consultation with Portsmouth City Council, customers who request a companion ticket at the current reduced rate must show one of the following documents
Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
Please note there is no requirement for the companion to have a “Carer” ID
These can only be booked by phone or in person at the Box Office.
- There are two disabled parking bays to the left of the Stalls’ Entrance on Albert Road. We are unable to reserve these spaces.
- Blue Badge holders can park on single/double yellow lines near the theatre (NOT in the loading bays) for a maximum of three hours.
- We cannot provide access for mobility scooters within the theatre or larger wheelchairs – for those wishing to travel to the theatre in a mobility scooter these would need to be left outside the building.